Interested in applying for employment with RELYANT Global? Submit your resume by filling out the form below or e-mail us at careers@RELYANTglobal.com
Requisition Number: 17-112
Title: Waste Management Laborers
RELYANT Global, LLC is seeking Waste Management Laborers in Afghanistan. Laborers perform a variety of general manual labor tasks. The laborers report to the WM Dispatcher.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste
• Management or directed by the Route Manager.
• Manually or mechanically load and empty residential and/or commercial containers into truck.
• Containers maybe staged curbside, dockside, carryout, or require pullout to complete service.
• Operates hoisting device to lift and empty bins or containers into truck hopper.
• Assists driver with all backing maneuvers while on route.
• Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
• Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
• Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager
• Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
• Education: None required.
• Experience: No prior work experience required.
As part of the daily routine, this position will require near-continuous physical exertion such as repetitive lifting, pushing, and pulling receptacles that weigh up to 65 pounds. The waste receptacles may or may not have wheels or handles for maneuverability, and the laborer must have the physical strength to adjust them accordingly. This physically strenuous position also involves mounting and dismounting the truck (several) times every day rain or shine.
Job incumbents must be able to
• Work 12 hours a day, 72 hours a week.
• Push/pull containers weighing up to 300 pounds repeatedly throughout the workday.
• Pick up cans and dump in rear load truck weighing up to 65 lbs.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) occasionally;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 40 pounds most of the work day;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) occasionally
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements occasionally;
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions