Interested in applying for employment with RELYANT? Submit your resume by filling out the form below or e-mail us at careers@RELYANTglobal.com.
Requisition Number: 17-111
Title: Heavy Duty Mechanic
RELYANT, LLC is seeking Heavy Duty Mechanics in Afghanistan. Employees in this job perform a variety of activities designed to service, repair and maintain pieces of heavy equipment. The work is performed through the application of a body of knowledge and specific certifications that denote expertise in heavy equipment maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Engine repair and troubleshooting skills
• Must have knowledge of electrical systems, hydraulics, fuel and brake lines and more.
• Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
• Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects.
Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
• Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
• Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
• Schedule maintenance for industrial machines and equipment, and keep equipment service records.
Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
• Assemble gear systems, and align frames and gears.
Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
• Weld or solder broken parts and structural members, using electric or gas welders and soldering tools.
Clean parts by spraying them with grease solvent or immersing them in tanks of solvent.
• Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace subassemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, using hand tools, jacks, and cranes.
Adjust and maintain industrial machinery, using control and regulating devices.
Fabricate needed parts or items from sheet metal.
Direct workers who are assembling or disassembling equipment or cleaning parts.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years of Heavy Equipment Repair experience
• Degree in diesel technology, heavy equipment mechanics or small engine repair preferred
• Attention to Detail: Some parts need to be in the exact right place, or they will not work. Being able to pay attention to the minute details of heavy equipment repair will be necessary.
• Strength: Heavy is in the name of the job. Some equipment can be extremely heavy and will take a lot of strength to move or manipulate.
• Mechanical Skills: Heavy equipment mechanics will need familiarity with parts and components of complex machinery and engines, as well as the tools to fix them.
• Technical Skills: Heavy equipment mechanics will need to be familiar with electronics, be able to read blueprints, or use electronic diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot repairs.
• Manual Dexterity: Good hands and great hand-eye coordination help heavy equipment mechanics be successful.
• Troubleshooting Skills: Heavy equipment mechanics need to be able to look at mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems, identify problems, and think about possible solutions.
Job incumbents must be able to
• Provide training and explain instructions and guidelines to others effectively.
• Organize and coordinate the work of the unit.
• Determine work priorities and assign work to employees
• Some jobs require an employee to be exposed to inclement weather conditions and hazardous work environments
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc most of the work day;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) often;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or
• similar elements often;
• Must be able to move heavy objects
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions