Interested in applying for employment with RELYANT Global? Submit your resume by filling out the form below or e-mail us at careers@RELYANTglobal.com
Requisition Number: 17-107
A successful plumber must have a thorough knowledge of hydraulic systems. They are patient individuals with a practical mind and manual dexterity, able to work efficiently with great attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
• Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
• Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures
• Prepare written work cost estimates and negotiate contracts.
• Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
• Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
• Perform complex calculations and planning for special or very large jobs.
• Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
• Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
• Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
• Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
• Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
• Direct workers engaged in pipe cutting and preassembly and installation of plumbing systems and components.
• Install underground storm, sanitary and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
• Clear away debris in a renovation.
• Use specialized techniques, equipment, or materials, such as performing computer-assisted welding of small pipes, or working with the special piping used in microchip fabrication.
• Proven experience as a plumber
• Solid understanding of water distribution and disposal systems
• Working knowledge of heating and ventilation systems as well as appliances
• Ability to handle plumbing tools and equipment (pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, plungers, etc.)
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good physical condition and strength with the ability to work in awkward spaces
• Diploma from a trade school or successful completion of apprenticeship
• Valid license to practice profession