Interested in applying for employment with RELYANT? Submit your resume by filling out the form below or e-mail us at careers@RELYANTglobal.com.
Requisition Number: 17-117
Title: Construction Superintendent
Primary expectations/objectives include but are not limited to:
• Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
• Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to plans and specifications.
• Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems.
• Orders materials using the Purchase Order Request form
• Has a thorough knowledge of the plans, drawings, and specifications for each project assigned.
• Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
• Ensures all workers and subcontractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
• Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office.
• Interviews, hires, and trains construction workers
• Exercises control over rate of construction progress in order to complete construction project within time limits; schedules jobs and operations
• Estimates materials needed for specific jobs; estimates manpower needed for specific jobs
• Leads inspection and commission of day to day construction work to enforce conformity to specifications
• Lead daily plan of the day meetings with construction staff
• Review the job schedule and cost breakdown, resolving all differences of opinion with Project Manager at the beginning of the job.
• Maintain a high standard of quality control at all times.
• Maintain a good relationship with the Project Manager, seeking his/her assistance in the scheduling of materials, equipment and subcontractors.
• Keep the progress schedule current, review schedule status and job costs at least once each month with the Project Manager.
• Maintain inventory control over tools and equipment, ascertaining that movable tools are returned to the tool room and all other equipment adequately secured.
• Complete the daily construction report each day, and submit to the Project Manager
• Attend pre-construction and construction meetings, taking notes on areas that may present a future problem and present to the Project Manager for consultation.
• Attend, on request, all technical meetings for the purpose of discussing job progress and problem areas.
• Maintain close communication with Project Manager on any unforeseen problems which may develop.
• Assist Project Manager in estimating percent completion of each item for monthly invoicing and of labor for each job cost report.