Interested in applying for employment with RELYANT? Submit your resume by filling out the form below or e-mail us at careers@RELYANTglobal.com.
Requisition Number: 17-101
Carpenters will follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients. Install structures and fixtures, such as windows and molding. Measure, cut, or shape wood, plastic, and other materials. Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and doorframes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare the layout of the project.
• Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions.
• Select materials.
• Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
• Work with materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
• Utilize chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders to repair and erect structures.
• Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives.
• Work on top of stilts, ladders, and the top beams of buildings.
• Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and specifications.
• Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure.
• Work with prefabricated buildings.
• Build stairs, mantles, and furniture.
• Install cabinets and molding.
• Remodel homes and businesses.
• Create structures for pouring concrete.
• Erect scaffolding.
• Build tunnel bracing.